Have you put your shoes on yet?
If not, take a moment and do a happy dance. It’s National Go Barefoot Day.
The non-profit organization Soles4Souls drummed up the designation to encourage people to donate shoes to victims of natural disasters. (You can donate at Austin-area Brighton stores at the Domain, Lakeline Mall and Barton Creek Square through July 2.)
In honor of the day, we offer 10 suggestions on how to celebrate:
- Go barefoot running.
- Go surfing at nearby NLand Surf Park.
- Take your shoes off for yoga class.
- Take a footwear-free nap in an Austin-born Kammok.
- Get a pedicure.
- Dip your toes into the sand at Secret Beach.
- Go barefoot waterskiing.
- Swim naked at Barton Springs.
- Run across the Great Lawn at Zilker Park.
- Climb back in bed…