Want to explore some of the best hiking trails in Central Texas? Join me at one of the upcoming Best Hill Country Hikes with Fit City.
REI Outdoor School instructors lead the monthly guided walks. I tag along because I like to hike and want to meet other people who like outdoor adventure. Plus, I’d rather be out in the woods on a Monday morning than sitting at my desk working on a computer.
The two-hour hikes begin at 9 a.m. and wrap up by 11 a.m. Depending on the destination, a shuttle departs the downtown REI store at 601 N. Lamar between 30 minutes and an hour ahead of time.
Cost is $20 for REI members; $25 for nonmembers. To register or for more information, go to rei.com.
Here are upcoming dates and links to their registration pages:
- Jan. 23, McKinney Roughs Nature Park, rei.com/events/best-hill-country-hikes-with-fit-city/cedar-creek/162074.
- Feb. 13, Balcones Canyonlands – Doeskin Ranch Unit, rei.com/events/best-hill-country-hikes-with-fit-city/marble-falls/162063.
- March 13, St. Edwards Park, rei.com/events/best-hill-country-hikes-with-fit-city/austin/162047.
- April 17, Pedernales Falls State Park, rei.com/events/best-hill-country-hikes-with-fit-city/johnson-city/162064.
- May 15, Wild Basin, rei.com/events/best-hill-country-hikes-with-fit-city/austin/162048.