Want to visit a national park for free?
The National Park Service has announced 10 days in 2017 when it will waive entrance fees for all visitors.
The free days are:
• Jan. 16, Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
• Feb. 20, Presidents Day.
• April 15-16 and April 22-23, National Park Week weekends.
• Aug. 25, National Park Service birthday.
• Sept. 30, National Public Lands Day.
• Nov. 11-12, Veterans Day weekend.
The National Park System includes 413 sites including national parks, national historical parks, national monuments, national recreation areas, national battlefields and national seashores.Sixteen of those sites are in Texas. Read more about them here.
Entrance fees at 124 of the sites range from $3 to $30; entry is free to the other 289 sites.
The entrance fee waiver on the fee-free days does not cover user fees for camping, boat launches, transportation or special tours.